Friday, January 19, 2018

Re letter from Astronauts on keeping Shuttle


John Warren Goerger When I resided in Everett WA my wife & I went to the Air & Space Museum in Seattle.
The Director at the time, Dr Bonnie Dunbar was talking to the public of her time with NASA, flights to the Russian space station & the Space Shuttles.
This was in the Spring of 2011, & I asked her; "Should the Space Shuttles be retired, or are they a robust space transportation system that need to remain operational?".
Dr. Dunbar's reply was, "..the Space Shuttle System is a robust system and should not be retire until NASA has a new operational human-rated space transportation system.
It is the stupidest idea to cancel the present shuttle system!"

That Fall my wife & I moved to Mesa AZ to look after my mom who had turned 100 yrs of age on August 02 2011.

We arrived on September 11 2011 in Mesa AZ. I joined the East Valley Astronomers Club of Gilbert AZ, @ later the club had as a speaker, the last Flight Surgeon on the last Shuttle flight to the International Space Station.

I asked him the same question I had asked Dr. Bonnie Dunbar. His response was the same as hers @ added; "...that almost the entire Astronaut Corps though and have stated the same thing.
Keep at least one to two Space Shuttles operational, laughing at least 1-2 missions a year until NASA has a fully operational human-rated launch vehicle..it is the dumbest idea to shut down the Space Shuttles; I totally agree with Dr. Bonnie Dunbar that the Shuttles are and the Program is a robust system. "
Manage
LikeShow more reactions
Reply26m

Sent from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment