Sunday, February 17, 2013

Gene Kranz has written a great piece today on the risk faced by missions current and past. I wholeheartedly agree with his opinion, you might, too!http://www.nytimes.com/2005/08/03/opinion/03kranz.html?

I found myself arguing with some folks that were of the opinion that it was just too dangerous to be sending astronauts up in the shuttle anymore, as supposedly evidenced by the continuing quality control problems on this mission. I had to remind them: would these problems have stopped Pete Conrad and the first Skylab team? Would they have stopped the crew of Apollo 13? If you listen to some of these naysayers, they would have stopped the Apollo moonwalkers that lost a fender on the buggy! (Remember what their solution was?)


Sent from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment