Saturday, July 14, 2012

On behalf of the secretary of defense??

 
Date: Sat, 14 Jul 2012 01:02:00 -0500
Subject: President Changes Military Funerals

  
 
  

 
 
Subject: President Changes Military Funerals
 
PRESIDENT CHANGES MILITARY FUNERALS

When I received this email, I could not believe it...
So, I checked with Snopes... I learned that it is TRUE:
http://www.snopes.com/politics/military/funeral.asp

There has been a change in  U.S.  military burial protocol!
This is a letter that my good friend's husband wrote today after his uncle's
funeral yesterday. If Obama does not want his name associated with our
military, he does not deserve to be "The President of the  United States ". -
Alice Frankovitch
REMEMBER THIS on NOVEMBER 6, 2012

Dear Sean,
Today I was incensed at the conclusion of a traditional Serbian-Orthodox
funeral for my beloved 85-year-old uncle, Daniel Martich, who proudly served
in the  US  Army during the Korean conflict. During the committal service at a
Pittsburgh cemetery the local military detachment performed their ritual,
then folded and presented the American Flag to my aunt.
As I'm sure you have witnessed during military funerals, a soldier bends to
one knee and recites a scripted message to a surviving relative that begins
'On behalf of the President of the  United States  and a grateful nation, I
wish to present you with this flag in appreciation for your husband's
service ..'
However, today the dialogue was 'On behalf of the Secretary of Defense and a
grateful nation...'
After the service, I approached the soldier who presented the flag to my
aunt to inquire about the change in language. His response was: "The White
House notified all military funeral service detachments to immediately
remove 'the President' and insert 'the Secretary of Defense'.
I couldn't believe what I heard! The soldier just smiled and said, "You can
draw your own conclusion, Sir, but that was the order". He, too, was ashamed
of what he was required to say.
Obama has taken off the gloves. My only response to this endless cesspool of
anti-American rhetoric dripping from his mouth is to borrow a phrase "with
one minor change" uttered by another temporary  Washington  resident living in
government housing (his wife!): "Today for the first time in my adult life,
I am ashamed of the current U.S. President!"
I did not serve in the military but my love of country parallels that of
people like my late uncle who bled red, white and blue. As a second
generation Serbian-American who's heritage produced many patriotic military
men and women who fought for freedom both in the  United States  as well as in
the former  Yugoslavia  (most recently in Kosovo against the slaughter of
Serbs by Muslim extremists), I implore you to make the American people aware
of this little-known or, at least, publicly acknowledged fact.
May God Bless you and your family during these difficult times. Your voice
of reason is a welcome change from the insanity plastered across the country
by the liberal media. Keep up the great work and thank you for your service
to our country.
Sincerely,
John G. Martich
Weirton,  WV
(304) 374-3518
(304) 723-5414
PLEASE PASS THIS ON TO FRIENDS
AND REMEMBER 2012
IS TIME FOR A NEW PRESIDENT
AND COMMANDER IN CHIEF
 
 

 

1 comment:

  1. Might want to read that again. It isn't true. http://www.snopes.com/politics/military/funeral.asp

    ReplyDelete